Rich Pond Baptist Church holds to the Baptist Faith and Message, 2000 as our Doctrinal Statement. Below are a few important brief expressions of our beliefs taken from that statement. To view the full document, click here.
1. The Scriptures We believe that the Bible is the word of God. It is totally true and trustworthy and contains no mixture of error. It is the supreme standard by which all conduct and religious opinion is judged. All scripture is a testimony to Christ.
2. God: We believe the one living and true God reveals himself to us as Father, Son and Holy Spirit, with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence, or being. We believe Jesus Christ, the One mediator, is fully God and fully man.
3. Man: We believe that man is the special creation of God, made in His own image. He created them male and female as the crowning work of His creation. The gift of gender is thus part of the goodness of God’s creation. Though originally innocent of sin, man fell through his own free choice, rebelling against the law of God. As a consequence, all people inherit a nature and environment inclined toward sin.
4. Salvation We believe salvation is offered freely to all as a gift obtained through the perfect life, atoning death and triumphant resurrection of Jesus Christ. The gift of salvation is for all who will repent of sin and place faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
5. God's Purpose of Grace We believe God’s purpose of grace includes both election and the perseverance of all true believers.
6. The Church We believe the church is an autonomous local congregation of baptized believers, associated by covenant in the faith and fellowship of the gospel, observing baptism and the Lord’s Supper and seeking to extend the gospel to all peoples.
7. The Family We believe the family is ordained by God as the foundational institution of human society and is made up of persons related to one another by marriage, blood or adoption. We believe marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman for a lifetime. It is God’s unique gift to reveal the union between Christ and His church and to provide for the man and the woman the framework for intimate companionship, the channel of sexual expression and the means for the procreation of the human. We believe children, from the moment of conception, are a blessing from the Lord.